- Is the company licensed and insured? If they are not, and something goes wrong you may be held responsible.
- Did they provide at least 3 references with phone numbers? Pictures of projects?
- Did they show up to your appointment on time or at least call you if running late? Were they professional?
- Is their estimate itemized and for the same quality of services and labor? (apples to apples)
- Do they provide a written guarantee?
- How long has the company been in business?
- How strict are the companies hiring practices?
- Are they members of any national contractor organizations?
- Are they a company or a one man outfit? Many one man outfits are not organized enough to handle multiple projects.
Please do you homework. Don’t let your dream home become a nightmare!Continue Reading